If you are like most homeowners in North Carolina, you are probably looking for ways to cut your energy usage before the summer heat arrives. The answer may literally be right in front of your face. Replacing your old thermostat with a “smart” thermostat makes it easier than ever to slash your energy usage.
Smart thermostats are the new generation in home comfort control. They have an array of features that make them much more effective than previous programmable models so make sure you find a thermostat with these features:
- Communication: Smart technology connects your home comfort control to the Internet and uses it to monitor your heating and cooling equipment. The thermostat then sends you a text message or email any time there is an issue.
- Touchscreen display: The screen is large, clear and well-organized with information about levels of humidity, settings recommendations and much more. It’s easy to understand and more useful than simply knowing the current temperature.
- Smartphone application: You can monitor and control your system from anywhere.
- Hourly rate monitoring: One of the most useful features is the ability to check the peak hour rates that your energy provider charges and provide you with that information so you can use less energy when it’s most expensive. Many thermostats can also automatically adjust the settings to limit peak hour usage.
- Humidity control: Advanced sensors test the moisture levels in your home and ensure that it stays at proper levels. Your air will be more comfortable which allows you to decrease the demand on your system.
- Healthy air: Similar sensors test for toxins and use your ventilation system to exchange the bad air for outside air when necessary. The thermostat will also notify you of the issue when needed.
These new smart thermostats give you access to all the information you need to program your home comfort controls for maximum savings.
For professional advice on the best smart thermostat for your home, contact Smoky Mountain Heating & Air.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about home comfort control and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Smoky Mountain Heating & Air services Asheville, North Carolina and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!