A Nine-Point Checklist For Heat Pump Maintenance
Cooler temperatures often mean big heating bills. But you can cut your energy costs associated with your heat pump by making sure it’s maintained regularly. There are simple steps to follow that will help your heat pump run as efficiently and cost effectively as possible. Here’s a nine-point checklist to get you started:
- Change filters. And if they’re not in need of a total replacement, clean them thoroughly. Do this once a month to ensure consistent, continuous airflow throughout the system. Neglecting to do this will result in reduced performance and could result in a damaged compressor.
- Clean the outside coils when dirty. This will prevent unwanted debris from collecting within your heat pump’s condenser unit.
- Clean the outdoor fan. You do not want dirty fan blades to reduce the airflow through your condenser unit.
- Remove clutter or vegetation surrounding the unit. Not only will this help keep a healthy, tidy appearance, it will ensure proper airflow and help keep debris out of your system.
Hire a professional to:
- Closely inspect the condition of electrical terminals
- Inspect and clean the indoor fan
- Inspect motors and belts
- Ensure sound connections
- Seal any leaks
- Check refrigerant
The experts at Smoky Mountain Heating & Aircan answer any questions you may have about your HVAC system, as well as perform annual preventive maintenance to give you peace of mind throughout the year.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about heat pump maintenance and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Smoky Mountain Heating & Air services Asheville, North Carolina and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!