If it’s time to think about getting a new furnace, why not consider switching to a propane furnace? These furnaces are efficient, long lasting and can save you money on your heating costs all year long. Comfort, security and savings make propane a great choice for any home.
Here are some important facts to consider before purchasing a propane furnace:
- When properly maintained by a qualified HVAC technician, propane furnaces can last up to 10 years longer than electric heat pumps. This means long-term savings and less hassle for you.
- Propane-fueled furnaces heat more evenly than electric-powered models, and they supply the heat at a higher temperature than electric heat pumps. This means consistent, comfortable heating for the whole home.
- Propane is less expensive than electricity, and it’s environmentally friendly, too.
- The venting and exhaust systems of propane gas furnaces have design advantages, including the option for vertical or horizontal venting, which eliminates the need for a chimney.
- Propane furnace exhaust is cooler than conventional furnaces, allowing PVC pipe to be used.
Propane could be the best choice for your heating needs, and switching from an electric heat pump or adding the “dual fuel” option with a propane-fueled model can be an easy choice to make.
For more information on switching to a propane furnace, contact the pros at Smoky Mountain Heating & Air. We’re dedicated to serving the heating, cooling and indoor air quality needs for our customers in the Asheville area. Let us help you find the perfect furnace for your needs.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Asheville, North Carolina and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems).
Image courtesy of Shutterstock