Every year in the United States, more than 15,000 people are sent to the emergency room for carbon monoxide poisoning. In fact, carbon monoxide is the most common cause of accidental poisoning in the United States. Because the gas cannot be detected by human senses, the only way to tell if it is present in your home is through the use of a carbon monoxide detector.
With carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home, you can rest assured that you and your family will be safe from the hazardous effects of this poisonous gas. Carbon monoxide detectors are most useful when placed near the areas in your home that are used for sleeping. That way, if a problem arises, it will be easy to hear the alarm go off. It’s also important to place at least one detector on each level of your home. The more detectors you have operating in your house, the safer you are.
Additionally, carbon monoxide detectors should not be installed:
- Near fuel-burning equipment.
- Near cooking devices.
- In areas of your house that are exposed to high levels of moisture in the air, such as bathrooms and kitchens.
For more information on carbon monoxide detectors, contact the experts at Smoky Mountain Heating & Air.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about carbon monoxide detectors and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Smoky Mountain Heating & Air services Asheville, North Carolina and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!