Over time, your air conditioner can get full of dust and other debris that can reduce the efficiency and performance of the unit. For maximum A/C performance, consider yearly maintenance by a qualified professional. A qualified professional will clean out your air conditioning system, increasing efficiency and performance by 20 percent or more. With a clean, dust-free air conditioner, you will have lower energy bills, and your air conditioner will operate under less stress, which will extend the unit’s life.
The presence of dust and dirt inside your air conditioning unit is harmful for the system. Dust acts as an irritant, prematurely wearing down the components of your air conditioner. Dust can also clog the unit, causing it to overhear or use more energy to operate the air conditioner. Removing the unwanted dirt will enhance your A/C’s performance by a significant amount.
When a contractor performs A/C maintenance, he or she will complete some of the following tasks:
- Remove any dust and dirt from the air conditioner.
- Tighten any loose wires or belts.
- Replace any worn fans or belts.
- Adjust the temperature readings and thermostats for higher accuracy.
- Replace air filters and clean all coils and other components.
- Lubricate all components to maximize efficiency and reduce wear.
There are a few steps you can also take to help remove excess dust from your air conditioner:
- Remove any leaves, dirt, and debris from around the condensing unit.
- Clean the condensing unit with a hose to remove internal dirt.
- Replace your air conditioner’s air filter every six months.
- Keep furniture and other objects away from duct vents.
Combining personalized maintenance with professional tuneups will go a long way toward boosting A/C performance and extending the life of your unit.
For more information about improving the performance of your air conditioner or scheduling A/C maintenance in your North Carolina home, contact us at Smoky Mountain Heating & Air. We provide the Asheville area with expert HVAC service and can help you save money throughout the year.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about A/C performance and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Smoky Mountain Heating & Air services Asheville, North Carolina and the surrounding areas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!
|Preventative Maintenance image via Shutterstock|